cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create a logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just created a system copy and can't create a logical system. I get an errror message <b>change and transport system not configured and then action terminated</b> in transaction BD54. I don't need a transport system.

Can anyone help me with this

Thanks

Siobhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siobhan

Okie before SE06 try this out. Login into domain controller of your TMS. Then go to STMS->Overview-->Systems.

Then in menu bar go to Extras--->Distribute and Activate configuration.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

What I usually do after a system copy regarding to the transport configuration are:

1. Call SE06. There are some dialog boxes to delete the current transport configuration, answer with 'Yes'. Means delete it.

2. Call STMS and attach the transport to the transport domain or create a new domain. If it is a standalone system, sandbox for example, I create a virtual system and link the transport as DEV - PRD transport system, where PRD is the virtual one. So, the transport requests will be transportable. Otherwise there will not be cofile and data created when a transport request is created. This is not transportable.

3. Call SCC4 and assigned the logical system.

4. Schedule BDLS to run sometime during the night in background.

Regards,

Agoes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've come to a stage where it is prompting me to delete the TMS configuration. Should I go ahead and do this?

This is the second time that we've done a system and prior to this we did transport to it by copying the cofile and the datafiles over. Is there any chance that I can delete the transport system for our DEV, QA and PROD system. I did check our configuration and can't see any trace of the QR4 our new system copy.

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siobhan,

In SE06 please choose yes option. Please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/57/38de814eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siobhan,

Naushad has a very valid point. SE06 is necessary after system copy. I hope it has been done?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to do some post processing after a system copy

One of it being confguring CTS

Go to se06 , click on database copy , and execute

It will ask you some questions >> answer them

one of the questions will be about configuring CTS >> answer as per you landscape needs ( include in existing domain or whatever you want)

This will solve you problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naushad

Thank you for your reply. I went to se06 and when I run that option get this Q I<b> Do you want to reinstall the CTS?</b> . Do I have to install the change and transport system even if I don't need it a transport system? If I choose no it just stops and goes back to se06.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Siobhan,

Creation of logical system results in creation of transport.

Did you get a pop up for transport? As a solution try this out:

In SCC4 choose your client then under section Changes and Transports for client specific objects choose Changes without automatic recording option.

After this try BD54.

Please award points if issue is solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ruchit

I had tried that but it didn't work. I've had this problem in the past and I did that and it worked but unfortunately not in this case and I don't know what's different.