Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Shut-down using "Log off" link

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a user selects "Log off" in EBP the system displays a page which reads:

"End of Session

Thank you fro working with the Internet Transaction Server".

Does anyone know how to close this window automatically (requiring no user intervention). We are currently still using the external ITS (in case that matters)

Thanks!

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SAP Version and support pack you are currently using ?

Implement the following SAP Oss note:

Note 323142

Also refer to this note for related notes using <a href="http://">service.sap.com</a>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Thank you for the feedback. The note appears to be for B2B and we are currently using SRM 5.0/EBP 4.0.

Note that when using SE80 >> Internet Service = BBPSTART

I was able to edit the LOGOFF setting so that a default webpage would display in that window. But what I really want to do is close that window all together. I have put an OSS note in...but in the meatime if you have any other suggestions...they will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to reduce the time of the popup in service BBPSTART, template bbpglobal_3000, in the setTimeout instruction:

window.onload=logoffPopup;

setTimeout("window.close()", 5000)

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rebecca,

In SCIF, have you defiend the ~EXITURL for the service?

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naing,

I went to SICF and I updated the ~EXITURL for the BBPSTART service to be our homepage URL(just to test it). I confirmed that select the "log off" link does redirect user to the homepage.

But I still don't know how to close the window all together. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rebecca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to reduce the time of the popup in service BBPSTART so that is closes immediately.

Template bbpglobal_3000, in the setTimeout instruction:

window.onload=logoffPopup;

setTimeout("window.close()", 5000)

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All thank you for the feedback. We are reveiwing the alternatives. Points will be awarded accordingly.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rebecca,

when clicking on "log off", the systeme open a pop up window that will close the SRM session, this pop up will desappear itself. The main window remain and show the url defined in parameter exiturl (or a message "thank you for using ITS").

I understand you want to shut close the main window. To do this you have to use a javascript method like window.close and insert it in the js function that is called when clicking on "log off". An other solution would be to define in parameter exiturl a page build as this:

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body onload="javascript: self.close ()">

</body>

</html>

so that you won't do any standard modification

rgds,

Pierre