cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display chinese word when i logon in EN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a report that can upload an excel file using BAPI. Excel file will be extracted to an internal table at first and this excel file will contain chinese characters. When I logon to EN and run the report, I debug the internal table and found that my chinese characters become ????. But if i logon on chinese - ZH, i can see them clearly.

however, for the same report, I tested on my friend's PC (vendor company). He logon to EN as well, but can see the chinese character very clearly.

I check on RZ10, his development server profile has zcsa/system_language = E, zcsa/installed_languages = 12DEMH

My develpment server is zcsa/system_language = E, zcsa/installed_languages = 12DEMZH

My friend as an ABAPer has no idea on how the settings in developemt server work. Did I miss out somethings that disallow me to see the chinese characters in an internal table when i logon in EN?

Can anyone help me to figure out this problem? Thanks a lot!

best regards,

ying ying

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I know the reason I can't see chinese characters during debugging if I logon to English SAP system.

I should click "Customizing Local Layout" at application bar --> Character Set --> Simplified Chinese. Those chinese characters that appear in ??? while debugging will change to proper chinese characters and uploaded successfully.

If I go to FB03 and see the chinese characters in »áÒéÆڼ俧·È·ÑÓÃ, perform the same steps and those weird code will change to proper chinese as well.

Thanks for all the replies and help. It's very appreciated. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

ying ying