cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MS Excel" option is grayed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using WebGUI, I need to download report output to excel.

I select the report from a customized report tree, and click execute. I then enter parameters and click continue. At this point, the report's output is displayed. With the output in view, I attempt to use the menu option:

Menu => Extras => Spreadsheet => MS Excel

However, the option "MS Excel" is grayed out, and I can't continue. All office integration is grayed out. Lotus123 is not available, and all options under Menu => Extras => Spreadsheet => Word Processing are not available.

What is causing the MS Excel option to be grayed out? The same functionality works fine from SAPGUI.

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

this functionality makes use of OLE automation, which is not supported by SAP GUI for HTML. See SAP note 314568.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bad answer. Kidding. That was very useful information.

This is very disappointing to users. What are reasonable responses to this deficiency:

1. Dump webgui (sapgui for html), and use sapgui (sapgui for windows)?

2. Develop custom integration?

3. What are options that work?

Thanks,

Kevin

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

there may be other options. If the report is ALV based, you can choose the export button from the ALV toolbar. There you have the options "Local file" and if you are on 6.40 SP 15 or higher "XML export". With "Local file" you can save the report i.e. to a excel file in the file system of your PC. It saves the data but not the visualization. Therefore it might be required to do some tune. The "XML export" option is more sophisticated because it presaves the visualization.

Best regards,

Klaus