cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in compiling flex application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am also experience the 'error in compiling flex application' problem that I already read about in other threads. Has anyone already found a solution?

I have an existing VC model where deployment works fine. Then I only add 1 form view with 1 image and as a result deployment fails. When I delete the form, deployment works fine again. This error really drives me crazy !!!

Any help will be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Ralph,

if it's the 32K problem try the following:

ignore the message, put some bogus elements into the iview (i usually use 2 additional form views) and make them invisible.

then deploy again.

I know it sounds funny but it works.

see for reference: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flexfaq.html#itemA-24

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

there is a similar solution, which told me a colleague. This solution helps sometimes. Mario confirmed that the solution could help sometimes.

A description you can find in our wiki:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/32Klimitation">https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/32Klimitation</a>

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies !!! I have closed the topic now that there are 2 good solutions on the modelling wiki site.

For my model it worked with checking and unchecking the 'deploy with par' and debugging in dlash console' options, but during the last couple of weeks I also used the trick of adding some more elements to the storyboard.

This error really can drive you crazy, hope it will be solved in upcoming patches.

Take care,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

this error will be fixed with the next release of Visual Composer.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on the image control.

move to teh image tab.

change the check box to fix size.

It wil display the image.

regards,

Asaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments. Basically, my entry list values where not exactly matching with my image formula. Now it is working as expected.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There can be many reasons for flex deployment to fail.

The only thing that comes up to mind is 32K problem.

You can read about it more in the Twiki.

I guess that when the deployment fails you get an error message that reads, please consult the log file.

What you will need to do if you have access to the J2ee visual admin is this:

In order to activate the log at VC, please do the followings steps:

1. Connect to the J2EE (Visual Administrator)

2. Connect the relevant machine (cftdev:51000 and cfttest:50100 in this case)

3. Under Server \ Services \ Visual Composer – <b>Development server</b> \ change the value of VC.VerboseErrorMessages field to True

Restart the J2EE (form SAP Management Console)

Connect again to the VC and deploy the relevant model.

The error message should appear with details (and not only Error message).

Then when you deploy the model you will get the exact error message.

Post it here and I will try to help.

In the case you cannot configure the j2Eee paste the log file here.

Regards,

Asaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also creating similar kind of scenario, in my case my compliation is successful but I am getting error at the time deploying the model.

This is the error I am getting:

Deployment Failed:

Error in compiling Flex application (1). Consult log file for details

Thanks.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please all consult the following Visual Composer WIKI FAQ entry:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/ErrorinCompilingFlexApplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could able to fix this issue after verifying the log file and settings as specified in OSS note 974494 to view log file. But for some reason I am not able to the see the image, it appears in small square icon. I am also having similar issue with images in WAD.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, if this happens with 2 different tools then there must be something with this image. What image is this and what size and file type does it have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

File type is .jpg and file size is 60 kb. Is this to do with my browser or it is something specific to my SPS 11?

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try it with an image that is significantly smaller than 32K, like 1-2K?

I never uploaded files that large, as I know there is the 32K limit for a model and I never knew, if the images influence that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main reason could be the width of the image and the width of form area are different. Form should be big enough to display the image, so increase the width of the form and see.

Hope this helps

Regards

Suresh