cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service PR from R3 to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a scenario wherein R3 PR's are pushed into SRM and these go into the SOCO. I have observed a very interesting thing when the R3 PR gets transferred to SRM. The R3 PR is a single line item. However, when the PR gets pushed into SRM, there are multiple line items created in the SHC in SRM.

Can anybody please help me understand where i am going wrong (if so), or how to eliminate this? I have the screenshots ready in case anybody wants to view the difference.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trey,

I have sent you the screenshots. Can you please have a look and help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, i agree that i cannot enter the price in the second line item, but, then i should also not be able to create two PO's of a single service line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Whether u want to use the planned service cost and as well as unplanned service cost in the same line. I think if u don't enter any value in the unplanned service , you won't get this issue...... Could you please simulate this and see wr it meets your requirement....

I understand that there may be a business requirement to have unplanned service also in the Purchase requisition....

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Send me those screenshots (srmhelp@yahoo.com)...lemme have a look and see if i can add anything of value to it.

Trey

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent you the screenshots as required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for the reply. I am facing a problem with the users. The user does not understand why he is seeing two line items in SRM. Moreover, he, sometimes, by mistake, gives different vendors and creates 2 different PO's which is incorrect. How do i avoid this? The system should not allow to create 2 PO's on a single line item of a PR, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you send the services and material tab of the purchase requisition for better understanding.....

I think u won't be able to input any price in the 3rd line of the SRM SHC....

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have sent you the screenshots as suggested. Awaiting your reply on the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As i mentioned earlier , in case services it is in three levels in R/3 . While it transferred to SRM , it is transferring to 2 levels....

1) Header level in R/3 - test for service entry is transferred as such... - Header in SRM

2) Service level -- you should have one service and is mandatory in R/3 which is transferred as 3 rd line in SRM -( service level in SRM )

3) Limit- since the overall limit is mentioned in the limit tab and it is at material level in R/3 , it is transferred as 2 line in SRM - (service level in SRM) .

Hope it clarifies ..

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In case of services , R/3 has three layers .. 1) item level , where define Acttivity units 2) Material level - we can not define anything now(derived from the service lines)... 3) service level- where we are having the services .. But in case of SRM , we have only one level like materials..... I think this might be the reason .

If u can send the screendumps , try to give more inputs.... mail id is mani44@gmail.com

Regards

Mani