Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating dictionary search help and filtering values

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a DDIC search help which I want to associate with an attribute of my context. For the purpose I change the input help mode from "Automatic" to "dictionary search help" and also specified my DDIC search help name.

When I try to see the F4 values in screen it does not filter the values according to the IMPORT search help parameters. All the IMPORT search help parameters are part of same context node and context node is also associated with the DDIC structure.

Can anyone help to solve this issue?

I also found that when input help mode for this attribute is "Automatic" this filtering of F4 values works fine. Its only when I associate my own DDIC search help with attribute it does not work.

I have this requirement as automatic search help which is associated with field of structure is outdated and I have created new search help.

Also another associated question that I have: Is it possible to pass parameters to DDIC search help explicitly from WD ABAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Your observations are perfectly right. If you associate a search help different to the predefined (automatic) one to an attribute of the context, all mapping information is lost (and the value of the <i>first</i> EXPORT parameter will be copied to the input field after choosing a line from the result list). The reason for that is because the mapping information is kept at the DDIC structure the search help is associated with (display your DDIC structure in SE11 => ckick on tab 'Entry help/check' => select the component your search help is attached to => click button 'Search Help').

The solution: Make a copy of the DDIC structure, attach your own search help to the relevant component, make your own mapping and attach the copied DDIC structure to the context node.

The solution for your second question: Extend your DDIC structure with an extra field and map this field to your search help OR write a search help exit function (see documentation: display your search help in SE11 => help).

Greetings,

Ralf