cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miniwas 620: Problems to configure TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I successfully installed miniwas 6.20 (before I had 6.10).

I'm having problems to configure the transport system. After following all the steps, when I run the report ZR3_TMS_CONFIG and go back after displaying the list, I get the error message: error configuring domain controller!

I tried the report RSTPTEST. I got the following message:

>>>>>

-Transport Profile

Path .\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_BSP.PFL

Profile tp profile cannot be read

Version tp profile has an invalid format

- RFC Destination

Destination CALLTP_WindowsNT

tp Path .\tp.EXE

tp Executable Cannot access tp.exe

RFC Ping / Win32 error 2: The system

cannot fi..

- tp Call

RFC Link / Win32 error 2: The system

cannot fi..

tp Version

DB Connect

Offline Call / Win32 error 2: The system

cannot fi..

I have Windows XP (home edition SP1).

Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Shahram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Sharam,

could you pls. contact me via email.

Thanks in advance,

Markus Biehler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have extracted tp.zip file found in Kernel CD into MiniWAS Directory ? by default MiniWAS 6.2 doesn't install it.

Either you can't find this file, you can try to get it from service.sap.com/swdc (patch) then extract it into MiniWAS Directory

Regards

Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set a folder share on your MINIWAS directory called "trans" and try again.

Message was edited by: Craig Cmehil

I meant the share name should be "sapmnt"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I did the change... Still doesn't work. I get the same error message.

Any Idead?!!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange considering the error message is Windows telling you it can't find your files.

Are you doing this from STMS or from the command prompt? Try the other way (if STMS then try command prompt)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I could resolve the problem myself. TMS is configured now. There was obviously an inconsistancy as I did the Kernel-patch (SAPEXE_1000-1001660.SAR and SAPEXEDB_1000-1001664.SAR).

Thanks anyway for your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

great to hear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahram,

Thanks for your response. need one more help. can you pls let me know the path from where you have downloaded the specified (SAPEXE_1000-1001660.SAR and SAPEXEDB_1000-1001664.SAR) files ? becuase i am not able to locate them in service.sap.com/swdc.also let me know whether i need to place these two files in the run directory.

waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

These files are located under the installation and upgrades.

OS Dependent and Independent and you will have to unpack them and move them all to your MiniWAS directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

still i u am not able to see those files specified in my question? anybody,could you please answer my query in detail.basically i'm an abap programer..

waiting for your reply

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

The files may not be called that. You need to look for the service.sap.com/patches and find the kernel update DB and NON DB listed for your system.

Unpack them and then copy them into your directory, see this weblog for more details: /people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Please follow this link:

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/titel/gp/titelID-775?GalileoSession=80127773A194LVAAFUA

this link takes to SAP-Press.de, there your find a name "Kernel-Patches für SAP Web AS ABAP 6.20" you have to download these patches, but for downloading these files you need to have register key and the you have to unpack them in prompt command and copy the files in the MiniWAS and then start the SAP ABAP engine. You can ignore the error "1864" and start your SAP logon. It should function. I have solved my problem like this.

Regards

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would get the patches from the Marketplace and not from this link as then you will be getting the newest patches available. And you should not receive the error "1864".

Your choice though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks alot for your replies.but i dont have any regostration key to download kernel updates from the URL as sanjeev specified

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/titel/gp/titelID-775?GalileoSession=80127773A194LVAAFUA

can i have the registration number to download these files as i ordered these WAS 6.20 from SAP.com.

if any one who can get me these files ,i'll be thankful.

waiting for your reply.my mailid is rameshn@intelligroup.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure why you can't just find the files in the Marketplace?

service.sap.com/patches

Search for patches:

SAPEXE_*

SAPEXEDB_*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

can you please share the regostration key, if you have, with me.so that i can download those patches...

waiting for your reply...

thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Ofcourse I can share with you,

Please do find the Registration: 01GP14731530

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to Everybody for your extended help towards my problem.its happy for me to see the great responses from SDN Forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

When you think your problem has solved, please don't forget to reward points.

Regards

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i had applied those specified patches...then unzipped the TP fron Kernel cd.though..i unable to import successfully those ABAP examples in to Mini WAS 6.20..only database structures,Data elements & views are created under S_ABAP_BOOK Package..

pleaase advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you maybe be more specific in what you did, I didn't quite understand the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Do u mean the patches which i have mentioned ?

Regards

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The patches are helpfull only for installing mini SAP, not for ABAP examples. I think someone in this forum can answer u.

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

i have downloaded the kernel patches from galelio site.

then i have applied to Mini WAS 6.20.then TMS was configured properly.

then i tried to import S_ABAP_BOOK exapmles in to Mini WAS6.20.it ends in error numbered TP error 8.

when i checked in SE80...i could able to see only data structures for S_ABAP_BOOK,but no abap examples..

please advice me in this regard..

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error 8 means the transport is the problem and there are no patches available in regards to bad transports. Unless the transport is dependent upon a certain number of items within the system that come with certain patch levels.

I would recommend you take a look at this weblog.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues