cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating a Adaptive RFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a Model using a Adaptive RFC Model, I assign a Model name and the logical system names, enter the details in SAP Logon Information for the Single server,here it gives me a Gateway error. What could be the issue here?

NB: In the Host Name , I tried with both the Host name of the r/3 server and also with the SAProuter string ( as we have the server at other place) ,still it doesnt work. and I am able to login to the R/3 system from the SAPLogon GUI from my desktop normally.

Is there any issue of the firewall related to this, if so whats the port number that should be opened so that i can connect to the r/3 system get the list of BAPIs present there into my Webdynpro application .

Need help on this

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

I am facing the same problem, and i am also thinking it may be due to some port that needs to be open on the firewall. Did you find a solution to that problem?

Thanks in advance

Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you login to server through dap gui-->go to system -status-> you will get host name (it is not compulsory to be same as r/3server .)

and for system number

in logon pad you will get system number.

with these detal, try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shefali,

I have tried with that even... still that doesn't come up sucessfully .. same Gateway error .

Thnks,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to create the R/3 system in the portal after in SLD u need to add the properties of r/3 system and sap gatway and TCP/IP name in VA.

Once SLD is connected u can check in ContentAdmin->web dynpro-> maintain SLD and check the SLD is successfully connected.

After that u need to create the JCo names MetaData and model data once these are created ping the Metadata and model data successfully connected.

Once Jco names are correct then only u can go import model form r/3 system

There u need to give R/3 system properties properly.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For execution of RFC SLD is required. For creating models this should suffice.

Open your SAP GUI, select the item , say change item ..

view the application server .. this is the hostname..

note the system id.. login and check client..

enter these details.. it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SLD connection test is successful and maintaining of the JCo can also be done after i proceed with the creation of Model thru "Import Adaptive RFC Model" .

so I am stuck with the 3 step of creation of the Model where i need to enter the "SAP system Logon Information" . and i have entered the host name by viewing the change item property where i get the host name and the system id .

It doesnt connect to the R/3 system here and display the avaiable BAPIs there ...

Let me know if i am wrong somewhere

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi NR,

some time back even we faced the same error. The work around what we did was when we get an gateway error just cancel and start from the first step. but do not take the value's which are displayed in the third step i,e R/3 details instead <b>type all the details and do not even copy paste the values.</b>

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try ur host name in different ways tyr with name and IP address also.

And this IP should be in host file of ur windows.

thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohi n Gopi ,

I have checked out with the your given suggestion of trying with the host name as well as IP address and also typing all the details,without copy pasting the details . In both the cases it gave the " Connect to gateway failed " error mesg.

But one intersting thing here that i observered when trying with hostname, IP address, or SAProuter string is as follows .

<b>with IP address</b>

<i>Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM GWHOST="ipaddress",GWSERV=sapgw10,ASHOST="ipaddress",SYSNR=10

LOCATION CPIC(TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR patner not reached(host "ipaddress",service=3310)</i>

<b>with SAProuterString</b>

Connect_PM GWHOST="SAProuterString",GWSERV=sapgw10,ASHOST="SAProuterString",SYSNR=10

LOCATION SAPRouter on " some HostName"

ERROR hostname unknown</i>

<b>with HostName</b>

Connect_PM GWHOST="hostname",GWSERV=sapgw10,ASHOST="hostname",SYSNR=10

LOCATION CPIC(TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR hostname "hostname " unknown</i>

Is there any firewall port blocking issue here ?if so , whats the port that needs to be opened ?

Appreciate your help.

Thnks,

NR