cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having a scenario where XI receving an IDoc from a R3 system and sends it to two R3 systems in the form of IDocs.In the process we have a requirement to convert some of the source values.

The sender R3 sytem sends an IDoc whenever there is a change in the existing customer no or when there is a new customer added.Old customer nos will remain in the target R3 sytems. But there is mapping conversion between old customer nos and the customer nos that are changed in the source system.

I was told to implement this by using R3 tables which stores all these conversion values.As it is aoverhead to lookup R3 table i decided to go for value mapping.I want to know first of all is it possible.If it is then how can i use this feature in my scenario.

Kindly suggest.Thank you.

Regards

Prabhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhas,

I guess it is always better to perform a lookup for a table.

You can maintain a central oracle lookup database to maintain the values as well...

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadri,

Thanks for the reply.But I read in XI e learning tht it is always better to avoid lookups if it can be done using value mapping.Can u refer valuemapping link of elearning and clarify.Thanks.

Regards

Prabhas

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhas,

Check this out:-

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhas -

Yes, if you can avoid the lookups and use value mapping instead, I think this is the way to go. The following HTG (how-to guide) can help: <a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700004498682006E/HowToImplementCustomizing.pdf">How To Implement Customizing Conversions in XI</a>

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Thank you very much.This is what i reuired.I am clear now how to use value mapping.Its avery good explanation in your blog.

Regards,

Prabhas

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhas,

Thanks and now you can close the thread.

Regards.

Praveen