cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Management - Service provider for General Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be a basic question, but i'm struggling a bit here.

In the documentation for records management, there is a reference to a service provider for general search to be used with document finder.

The problem is that i cant find this service provider in our system nor can i find any information about it here, on service.sap.com

Regards,

Espen leknes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you be more specific - what documents you need exactly?

Regards, Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

We are new to RM so my question might be a bit basic.

I'm playing around with RM now, and i'm trying to make a demo that includes searching for documents in RM.

Basically, i want to be able to search for documents and records that are stored in the system, based on some paramaters.

So the question is a bit generic and vague, but as i'm still playing around with rm this is all i can say.

Thanks,

Espen Leknes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Espen,

Basic searching for documents and records can be done via the organizer part of the screen. It's the left part of the screen with the role-based view and the history. Select the folder for eg records and open it. Select the record type you want to search on and right click on it adn select search. You then can to enter your parameters (attribute values) on which you want to search. Same for the documents.

The search you are reffering to is the generic search in which it's possible to search over multiple documenttypes at once. For this however you need to customize RM parts. In the registry for once you have to change some settings on the element type (sps) of the generic document search element (e.g SRM_SPS_GEN_DOCUMENT_DEMO in the service provider SRM_SP_GEN_DOCUMENT). These options are only available in the newer systems (e.g. Netweaver 4s). Not in SAP Enterprise 4.7. So for the generic search options you"ll need more indepth knowlegde on how to customize SAP RM.

There is a kind of howto on the generic search options on: http://service.sap.com/recordsmanagement in the media library under documentation called "How To Guide: Cross Search based on Property Unification" .

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Tjalling-Jan Gerkema