cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export & Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

how export all SAP system (in FI and BW or HR) and import in other computer.

Source

1 OS HP-UX Mashine type 9000/800 Platform ID 273 host 128.0.0.1

2 server name sapved_VED_10

3 Data base ORACLE 9.2.0.6.0

Target

1 OS Linux host 128.0.0.2

2 server name sapbnd_BND_11

3 Data base ORACLE 9.2.0.6.0

Please help my anybody.

Thank Anvar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to perform what is called a DB/OS migration. In your case if is only a OS migration. You can find all the info you need here: http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

You will need a special migration key to do the migration, you can find the info here: http://service.sap.com/migrationkey

Cheers,

Mike.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anvar,

What you want to do is called hardware migration and You want to install your stuff on a new hardware and not do client copy. Hardware migration in your case would involve setting up of central instance then doing a homogenous system copy. Also you will need a new hardware key for this new server along with license and all.

SCC8 and SCC7 can be used for client export/import but it is not really an option in case of hardware migration. It might be an option but not something I will try.

Please award points of useful inputs.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If SAP is already installed in your LINUX machine, and your 2 databases are the same, isn't it easier to do an homogeneous (or at least an heterogeneous) system copy ?

You will just have to copy your database files and then you'll have an exact copy of your system ... It's just an idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Eacrett.

I sorry ...

please you talk me how work transaction SCC8 ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to do this go to SCC8 and select the profile SAP_ALL or since you need only transational data select SAP_appl.

then rest is same select process in foreend or in backend depending up on client size.

later you can see KX.....<sid>,or KO.....<sid>or Kt.....<sid> in usr/sap/trans/cofile

and RX.....<sid>,or RO.....<sid>or RT.....<sid> in usr/sap/trans/data copy these file and pate in target system

and do import using STMS or manual import

Samrat