cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck seriously in the blue print phase of project--- please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Prabhas, sap XI associate consultant in capgemini. I am stuck in the design phase of my project.I am writing this mail to you for helping me in designing the blue print of my scenario. My scenario is like this.

XI will receive a flat file containing stock data and it processes by transforming the structure and then dump the data to R3 system. The output of XI actually invokes some function modules in the target R3 system which in turm executes some BAPIs for committing some transactions.I am clear with the flow and how to realize the process.But the problem is with the function module written to execute some transactions with the help of BAPI.Suppose for some reason one of the transaction commit is failed and the RFC adapter goes in error.Now the question is after correcting the error if we restart the msg in RFC adapter will it start executing the transaction in which it faced the error or the whole RFC will be executed again.

I hope the problem is clear to you.Please help in getting over this. Thank you.

Regards,

Prabhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhas,

Always RFC will be executed from beginning. And if you invoke RFC in synchronous mode, and if RFC fails, you cannot even reprocess the message which is synchronous. So, if you wanna reprocess message again, make it async but still RFC will be executed from beginning.

--Archana

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhas,

This sould be handled in the RFC code itself. The RFC should be able to undo the previous transactions if something fails ( if that is the requirement) . It should not be something that XI should handle.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thank you for the reply.You mean to say that even some of the transactions which were committed before the error, we can undo them in RFC. If it is so i am clear with the point. One more thing is about flat file size i am receving at the input.It may go in the order of 30 MB size. I know tht SAP recommends a size of 20 MB as a safe side.

How can i handle this situation.I know the split and merge process using recordsets per msg. But this becomes manual process.I dont want tht. KIndly suggest. Thank you.

Regards,

Prabhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana

Thank you.But can we handle this in RFC code.I mean cant we undo the before transcations.

Prabhas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhas,

A few quick questions~

1. How are you maing the RFC call? is it a single RFC call that will contain all the records from the file or are you going to make one RFC call for each record in the file?

The user of Recordsets permessage depends on this factor.

If you are going to make a single RFC call, then you cannot use Recordsets per message if there is some dependency in the records.

><i>You mean to ay that even some of the transactions which were committed before the error, we can undo them in RFC. If it is so i am clear with the point.</i>

Well if all records are going to be pushed into a single RFC call, then yes, your RFC code should be such that if there is some error whileprcoessing the call, it should be able to undo the same!

If it is the other option where you are going to make one rfc call per record, the issue will not arise, if there is some error, you can correct the same and restart the mesage from XI .

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

I am going to make a single RFC call to update all the stock information of customers in R3 system.Accrding to u in this case we can handle the undo process in RFC code itself.Regrding file size how can i handle it, as i am making a single RFC call and there is no relation between records.

Prabhas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhas,

As it is an Asynch call, and as the recorsets as not related, using Recorsets per message should not be an issue at all.

SPlit the message as needed and make the call to the RFC's.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thank you. I am having a bunch of doubts in XI. I will post one by one to clarify my doubts. I have been given 3 objects to implement now. I am preparing the blue prints for all of them. I am clear with my first object now.I want to share my second object details.

My second scenario is like this.It si SAP-SAP integration. XI receves an IDOC from a R3 system which it processes and sends it to two target R3 systems.How do i realizethis process.I dont want to use proxies as i am not aware of them now.Please guide.

Anybody having any idea,pls let me know.

Regards

Prabhas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhas,

Posting a new thread for every question will give you better visibility and the more people will answer your question as well.

For Idoc - XI - Idoc, please look into this how to guide,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb9bb2b...

Also refer into these start up blogs for XI ,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. I will do the same.

Regards

Prabhas