cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy - Which source client 000 or 001?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a new SAP Netweaver 2004s SR1 ABAP+JAVA system with the following usage types:

SRM App

SRMLac

AS Java

AS ABAP

DI

MI

All the post-installation steps have been completed (including the CTC template configurations for DI and MI). The Java, DI, and MI have been configured against client 001. Now I want to create a new production client. The J2EE_ADMIN and users associated with DI and MI exist in client 001.

I want to create a new production client 010. Should I copy the users (SAP_USER) from client 001 and the customizing data (SAP_CUST) from client 000? Or, can I copy everything from client 001? There is a lot of conflicting information in the SAP Notes in regard to which source client to use.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You should not use a transport of copies for table USR02. Use client copy profile SAP_USER or SAP_UONL (without authorization profiles and roles).

And you should never copy customizing from client 001 to build up a new client. 001 happens to be a ordinary customer client which does not get supplied with changes SAP delivers after the release date. New SAP Netweaver 2004s installations use client 001 to file the user masters needed for the JAVA part. But this does not change the fact that client 001 is a customer client and should not be used as a template.

For local client copies you could use copy profile SAP_UCUS with source client 000 and source client user master 001 in one step. This has the same result as a client copy with SAP_CUST from 000 and SAP_UONL from 001 (i.e. thet authorization profiles and roles come from 000, when you need them from 001 you can either copy the missing individually or use SAP_ PROF in a separate step).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

As far as i know you should copy all the user information from client 001 and other information from client 000.Because 001 user informations and 000 contains all things other than user information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can copy the 001 client users and 000 client customizing data.

First you have to client copy between 000(source) and 010(target).Select profile as SAP_CUST.

After completing client copy you have to move the 001 client usermaster table USR02 into 010 client.

using transport of copies we can move the tables from one client to other client.

Goto SE01 select transport of copies and move the table.

i hope it will help you

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. As an alternative to using transport of copies for table USR02, can I perform another client copy with copy profile SAP_USER to get user master records and authorization profiles?