cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI - PI - IDoc Scenario Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use PI. SAP NW 2004s. And Seeburger adapter.

Here is my scenario. An EDI document is sent to PI. I need build a message to execute an IDOC in ECC, but data that has been received by PI is not complete and the missing data is in ECC. I need that data but I don't want use a BPM solution. Do I have any other solution?

Regards,

Luis Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis -

Another option to consider is <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Mapping Lookups</a>.... RFC based lookup in your case. You can do this in your mapping to complete the target IDOC without bpm.

However, I will say I personally prefer avoiding the use of mapping lookups within the source or target system of the same scenario (since this seems a bit redundant), but sometimes it's unavoidable. If you only have to do one or a few, it's acceptable... a series of lookups, I'd start considering and weighing other options since this could be costly in terms of performance.

If possible, if the remaining data to complete the message is in the target system, I'd also consider trying to complete it once the message arrives there. For the IDOC in ECC, have you found out if there's a preprocessing routine or exit that would give you a chance to complete the IDOC. There's also what Krishna suggested of converting the target interface into an async proxy, within which you can also complete the data. In either of these cases, there's custom application development to consider.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hard code the missing values in message mapping before sending it to ECC.

Since your target structure needs more values than ur input structure is sending you need to fill the rest of values somehow.

--Archana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to modify the source message i,e EDI message to post the IDoc, with data from ECC, you need to execute Mapping or Tranformation step.

Definitely one option is to use BPM ,

But second option, may be calling a ABAP proxy with existing data and in the SAP system modify the message and call the function module relavant to business requirements. But then we may not call this as a EDI>PI>IDOc scenario

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy