cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Zebra/Intemec SmartForm Labels via LOCL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

There are a lot of references to LOCL in the forum, but I haven't found anything yet that addresses my particular problem.

I've created a number of SmartForms to print various labels in multiple SAP instances. Some for proprietary Zebra printers in the ZPL II language and others for Intermec EasyCoder Printers in IPL. All of the printers are properly configured through SPAD and all is well with the world. The labels all print perfectly. I now have a critical group of users who must use only workstation connected printers and Windows drivers and I cannot find a way to print the labels through LOCL and SAPLPD.

I have Zebra S600 and 170xiIII+ as well as Intermec EasyCoder 3400e and MP4i printers. I've tried the Zebra Universal, Seagull Scientific and Intermec printer drivers all with the same result. Labels are printed, but the ZPL or IPL code is printed instead of a formatted label with barcodes.

Has anyone dealt with (maybe resolved) this issue before? I expected there would be considerable discussion of this but the info I've found is pretty scarce.

Thanks much for any insight or pointers you may be able to provide.

Dan Halliday

Lockheed Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Subramanian,

Many thanks for your quick (and accurate response)... my problem is solved!

The documents you pointed out at Zebra stated that a Generic Text Only printer driver must be used to print barcodes on a PC connected printer. I was using various drivers supplied by Zebra, Intemec and Seagull. All I did was change to the generic text only driver supplied with windows and it works.

Thanks Again, I Really Appreciate Your Help!

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply on your problem being solved. Had not you highlighted that Generic/Text Only printer driver should be used instead of Zebra S600 driver, I would have been pondering like hell as to why no label printout comes when S600 driver is used. The moment I changed the driver to generic one, the label output came out beautifully. Thanks a lot once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bar code printed on the label has an extra character '<' at the end. Type is Code 128. If possible can you please let me know what might be the reason for this. Thank you.

Answers (0)