cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC - collaboration agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey friends,

For IDOC to file : do i need to create sender agreement ? ( i think No becoz IDOC sits on ABAP stack of IS)

For File to IDOC : do i need to create receiver agreement ?

could anyone clear this to me ?

thanks

manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you do need a receiver agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do we need to configure the receiver agreement ?

If I am not wrong then in case of proxy you dont need either of agreement to be created while developing the interface.

Can anyone explain this to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

because XI needs to know where to send the IDOC. Receiver agreement needs to show the RFC destination SAP system , port etc. Unless XI know these things it cannot send message to correct SAP system

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply , could you explain collaboration agreements

for proxy as well as IDOC.

I know what needs to be created for which interface but i couldnt understand the reason behind that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Receiver agreement is done to define how the message is to be transformed so that it can be processed by a receiver.

In case of SAP receving the IDoc it need to be converted from IDOC -XML structure to native IDoc.

Henc ewe need to do receiver agreement

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>>If I am not wrong then in case of proxy you dont need either of agreement to be created while developing the interface.</i>

In case of sender proxy, you're right, a sender agreement is not required. But for receiver proxy, it is. XI technical routing doesn't know which adapter channel (including XI adapter) to use without a receiver agreement. Channel is specified only in the receiver agreement and it is the receiver agreement that is configured in the Interface Determination.

Also, Sender/Receiver agreements are used for additional configuration settings. For example, a sender agreement for proxy is not required in most cases. However, when configuring security settings (e.g. message level security), a sender agreement is required for sender proxy as most of the message level security settings (e.g. which certificates to use, etc.) is configured here.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your prompt reply, I appreciate for everyone's time

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish -

For IDoc, you don't need a sender agreement. See here for when Sender Agreements are required: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b1/f29e7a56e18a439984a3c6630951d2/frameset.htm

You always need a receiver agreement for any scenario for the outbound binding (e.g. which adapter channel to use, etc.).

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You are right manish. For IDOC adapter, you dont need sender agreement but you need receiver agreement irrespective of whether the sender is file or jdbc or JMS or http.

--Archana