Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my message map not working

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Ok... I'm simply trying to input a simple fixed length file... and map it directly to an outbound file.

I don't see any errors in the message monitor.

I can see the inbound payload parsed just fine, but my output file only has the XML header info in it... no field values are coming through and my outbound data type is a COPY of my inbound data type!

I must be missing some secret setting in either the inbound file communication channel... the outbound data type... or an additional mapping in the message map.

Can anybody give me some ideas I can try?

Thanks,

Doug -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug -

If you go to the Test tab of IR graphical mapping, you'll see a button for Generate Instance. Compare this to the actual payload in SXMB_MONI. Common source of mismatches are namespaces.

You either have adjust your message type in your mapping to fit what you send or adjust your sender file adapter content conversion config to fit the message type in the mapping.

Regards,

Jin

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ahaaaa....

Thanks Jin,

Apparently the inbound Document Name is kinda important... huh?

Made it the same as my Inbound Message Type and... presto.

Doug -

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

do you use a message mapping? if so, export the payload from sxi_monitor (right click in payload window - view source code). Then use the test function of the message mapping in IB.

regards

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just test your message mapping from IR and check if the output looks ok or not.

--Archana

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

>> I can see the inbound payload parsed just fine,

Hence it is fine in the XI System,

As you mentioned check in the communication channel settings..where document offset etc...

Regards

Agasthuri Doss