cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC scenario with no BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create File to RFC scenario with no BPM. I want to invoke RFC synchronously to verify that I'm getting correct response back, but i dont wanna process the response. So, In SXMB_MONI i can check the response back from RFC right? Or do I need to have BPM if want to see the response back from RFC?

What kind of business system i need to create for RFC? can i use same business system for both File and RFC? I'm using one Business System created on Third party technical system, which i'm using for file Input, also for RFC. Is that OK?

Thanks,

Deepesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to have BPM if want to see the response back from RFC? ... yes

The BPM will help you find the response very comfortable.

What kind of business system i need to create for RFC? can i use same business system for both File and RFC? I'm using one Business System created on Third party technical system, which i'm using for file Input, also for RFC. Is that OK? ..Yes you can .

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant we see the RFC response in SXMB_MONI? I dont want to implement full BPM scenario now. Is there any other way I can check RFC response without BPM?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepesh -

If you really only want to see the synchronous RFC response in MONI, you can do this. The key here (and not commonly done) is to use the Quality of Service of Best Effort in your sender File Adapter configuration. Remember, however, that the RFC response is not delivered back to the original sending file system. But it sounds like you're ok with that.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin,

Why do I need to setup the Sender File adapter QoS as Best Effort? Is it not ok If Just specify the RFC QoS as BE and still keep the File one EO or EOIO?

I mean, is it mandatory to specify both sender and receiver QoS as BE?

And yes, you are right, I just wanna see the response in MONI with no BPM involved.

--Deepesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

If you keep File Sender as EO (Asynchronous), but RFC as synchronous or BE, then you need a bridge to convert Async to Sync.BPM is used to bridge this .

However if you don't want to use BPM.That means you don't want to Bridge Synchronous flow to Asynchronous flow. Then you are left with total synchronous flow from File till RFC.That can be done if Both File and RFC use Synchronous flow i.e BE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepesh -

In a non-BPM scenario, the Quality of Service for the sender and receiver <i>interfaces</i> and sender <i>channel</i> (where available) should be aligned (i.e. sync or async). So yes, keep it consistent. Besides, it's the sender that drives the QoS. If you don't specify BE (sync), I doubt the response will be handled correctly.

Regards,

Jin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Best Effort = Sync

EO or EOinOrder = Async

Regards

J.