cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Folders in Smart Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a folder and created some texts in that and given the right line type.

and arranged this under the Header in a Table's Tab-Data.

but nothing is showing up on the print preview .only the Header is showing up.

How to get the texts and fields,which are under a folder.

Please Help me out.

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never used a Folder under a Table node so I'm not sure if it will work.

You may have to remove the Text nodes from the Folder.

Please check the Output Options tab for each of the Text nodes to be sure that you have the New Line and New Cell check boxes checked in the correct spots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have some conditions, that's why I want to use Folders.

The form is printing successfully with out the folders just by the texts.

Thannks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I would guess that the Folder is your problem then, right?

You can put the conditions in the Conditions tab of the Text nodes instead of in the Folder node (its maybe not as clean, but it sounds like this is what you need to do).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you can put it in Conditions tab, or use the ALTERNATIVE Node,

this will give u two nodes TRUE & FALSE. So based on the condiftion it will execute the lines in TRUE node or FALSE node.

Regards

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah that's right..

The tables which we create are different from the tables already there in main window of the smartforms....???

The properties are different and some other differences aswell....

Thanks,

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The folder nodes are mainly used to organize other nodes and/or to apply a condition to a group of the nodes in one place. Folder is basically just a placeholder and should not influence the data output (other than with a condition). For example, I have a Smartform with the MAIN window containing a table node, which, in turn, contains folders with texts. There are many line types in the table node, so I'm keeping all the nodes that apply to one line type in a folder with the same name.

IMHO the issue must be somewhere else. I checked the Data tab on my table node but don't see any Headers in there... There is only Loop field where I specify from which internal table to populate the table node and WHERE conditions, which I'm not using. Maybe you're on a different release or something?

The table header can be switched on by checking the Header check box on the Events tab. After that a subnode called Header appears right under the table node. I'm guessing that you might have put your folder and text under the Header node, not under the Table node. In this case they will be printed only in the header, I guess.

Other possible reasons for "missing" data in the table:

- the table specified on the Data tab (Loop field) is empty or WHERE condition does not find anything

- there is some condition on the node(s) that is causing it not to be processed

- incorrect node placement (see example above)

- text node refers to a wrong data field (to check for this, try adding some plain text and see if it shows up)

- another one thousand and one reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

My Folder is not under the Header Node, its after the Header Node.

I just given only the text to see the output but nothing was happened.

Thanks,

Praveen

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Check your layout (window size, table rows, etc.)

- check if you are using the right line types for your texts

- check the conditions (if you have a condition on the folder it will apply to all the fields under it) or remove them temporarily.

Another wild guess: if the Loop field in Table node is empty or there is no data maybe it only prints the header and footer but not the table body, even if the body contain some plain text items. I.e. maybe it just doesn't go into the loop, so it doesn't print anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I think your wild guess is correct.

I removed all the conditions for the folder and used the right line types.

Its not printing any thing, I used some test in the text apart from the fieldsymbols and parametres but no use probably its not going through the loop.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Praveen