cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no RFMs in the list when creating connector class

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I attempt to create a proxy class (a new project of SAP Connector Class) I see no RFMs listed in the left hand list. I type in qirf_* and click Search no RFMs appear.

Connectivity tests work for the host, client, user, and pw settings I've entered (i.e. bad entries raise errors, good ones that work on SAP Gui or on my program with proxy class created in my dev environment allow me to get past the first screen and to the RFM selection screen by clicking next).

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Using .net 2002 (1.0) against .net connector 1.0 SAP/QMIDI 640

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jeffrey,

how are you doing ?.

>>Connectivity tests work for the host, client, user, and pw settings I've entered

>>(i.e. bad entries raise errors, good ones that work on SAP Gui or on my

>>program with proxy class created in my dev environment allow me to get past

>>the first screen and to the RFM selection screen by clicking next).

so you are confident about your setup, this is gr8

next step is to check the same filter criteria 'qirf_*' using the transaction se37 on the target system.

then you need to check from the results available on the backend system if the search hits are 'remote enabled', this is found under

Attributes >> Processing Type >> Remote Enabled

also check to see if you are entering any group filter criteria as well. [this is a check for version 2.0, but i cant recall if the interface for 1.0 included this as an input parameter, since i last used that before the feb 2005 [or sometime in Q1 2005] release of 2.0

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thank you for your reply. I am doing much better now

Short version: it was a DLL mismatch!

Long version: I was thoroughly and completely stumped until I just walked away for a bit and decided to go back and clean up some directories with various versions of my solution and builds. I did a search on sap.connector.dll and that guided me to where my cleanups needed to be done...

however, i noticed that there was a sap.connector.dll v1.2.0 file in all but 2 folders, where these 2 folders had 1.2.1 : one where I had it stored, the other one was

c:\Program Files\Visual Studio .Net\Common7\IDE

My solution however was referencing

c:\Program Files\SAP\SAP .Net Connector\sap.connector.dll

As soon as I saw that, I replaced the 1.2.1 with 1.2.0 and the proxy class wizard immediately showed the RFMs.

I am happy once again.