Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug controls disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't debug my WD Application

(SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Version: 2.0.9 - Sneake Preview).

The server process (on remote host) is set in debug mode. When I set breakpoint in source code, and then run debug session the application in WEB Browser stops at desired point and NWDS automaticaly becomes an active application.

However I can't proceed debugging because all debug actions in menu are inactive. The line with breakpoint is not highlighted either.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Przemyslaw,

As we found out during email communication, resetting the perspective was the solution.

Another hint would be taking a look at the productive and debug mode: if they are one PRODUCTIVE and OFF, you need to open the config tool (C:\usr\sap\<server name>\JC00\j2ee\configtool) and set the

server on Debuggable and Enable debug mode. The detailed documentation can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e8/f48b33f9a3423c9e688dfa56330e79/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Karin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beware that you cannot debug code if you don't have the source code. Are you trying to debug methods request from a API that you don't have the source code? If you do that, icons for debug will not be available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please send me a screenshot, where and what you would like to debug?

karin.schattka@sap.com

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is already solved (thanks to Karin).

The solution was to Reset debug perspective in menu: Window->Reset perspective,

then debug actions became active.

thanks a lot,

Przemyslaw Studencki