Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring alerts for further action in SP18

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on SP18 - and we have a specific requirement :

When alerts are raised, we need to call a external webservice - apart from the default functionality of email generation - to fixed recipients - based on the specific alert category.

In other words, is there a way we can point to a custom ABAP code - function module - alert categorywise - etc when - alerts are raised - Within this function module - I could make a call to the webservice by instantiating client proxies - etc

Correct answers, pointers in the right direction will be rewarded with points rightaway.

Karthik.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configure the alert in order to post the alerts to XI itself (in ALRTCATDEF), than in XI map the alert message as you want and sent it with the adapter you prefere.

I did this for 2 customers.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro

Not very sure about things - regarding your suggested solution -

1. Where in alertcategory definition t.code ALERTCATDEF - do I specify that the alerts should be directed to XI - Integration server -

2. Now , if I understand you right - these alerts are being raised in the XI integration server itself - is it possible to configure a messaging flow - with XI integration server itself as a sending business system ?

Karthik.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro

As I have explained, I am not using a BPM - in my scenario - its a normal SAP --> XI --> Database update scenario - If any error occurs in data reaching the database ( either on the integration server or the adapter framework ) - alerts will be generated in XI - based on the alert categories and the alert rules setup. When these alerts are triggered - in XI - I want to make calls to a WS - I would be very interested in knowing

1. How you would configure alerts that originate in the XI to be sent back as a message into the same XI box - could you explain in a bit of detail - the necessary configuration steps - starting with the alert category . Once you explain how you route the alert message back to XI itself as a message - I can take it from there - interface mapping , recv determination etc to the webservice.

Waiting for your details.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik,

There is a standrad report called RSALERTDISP which is used to display the alerts triggered.

Write a new report which will use RSALERTDISP to get the alerts triggered and then call the webservice correspondingly from this report!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/34193cb4f5131de10000000a11405a/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>1. Where in alertcategory definition t.code ALERTCATDEF - do I specify that the alerts should be directed to XI - Integration server -</i>

Specifying in the global configration of ALRTCATDEF that the system must to use an RFC to route the alerts to an external system.

That RFC will be type HTTP and will point to the url for plain HTTP adapter of XI.

In this way the alert will enter the XI PIPELINE and you will see the message in SXMB_MONI

The XI configuration will route the message as requested.

<i>2. Now , if I understand you right - these alerts are being raised in the XI integration server itself - is it possible to configure a messaging flow - with XI integration server itself as a sending business system ?</i>

Yes, XI can be a sender and receiver of messages itself.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandro

Thanks for the details. One final question - the alerts that are triggered are redirected into XI - integration server as an xml message - I understand this. But what if this xml message carrying the alert details - gets into an error ?

If I have a broad alert rule definition - that defines alerts to be triggered for any sender/recvr interface, sender/recvr business system - then the above situation is going to cause an infinite loop situation , right ? T

Then the only way is to create specific alert rules - and eliminate this alert xml message triggering another alert message - incase this alert xml message runs into an error in the course of its flow. Correct me if I am wrong .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

Thanks for the solution suggestion - I am debating between using this option - and one suggested by Sandro. My understanding is that this program RSALERTDISP displays alerts that have been triggered and in various stages of delivery.....this program does not trigger /create alerts as such..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, create specific rule in order to avoid infinite loop situation, tested already

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

once the alert has been triggered, call the webservice from BPM and continue.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using a BPM in this scenario - to trigger my alerts - these are alert automatically triggered - based on errors on the adapter framework/integration servver and the configuration on the alert framework. My requirement is to capture these errors that are triggered on the alert framework on XI and then make a webservice call - with the details of the alert....