cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not login to Integration Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are trying to setup XI server. Almost everything is fine. The ABAP stack is working fine. Also the integration builder web page is opening. Only when I am trying to open Integration builder with the configured user the application is not getting started. When tried with wrong password it clearly mentioned authentication error but when tried with correct password the application failed to open (also there is no error on that). We are having another XI server on NetWeaver2004 which is running fine.

Does this problem due to older version of Java Web Start (current version is 1.4.2_04)? We checked roles of the user. Its has almost every role.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev -

>>>Does this problem due to older version of Java Web Start (current version is 1.4.2_04)?

This is probably not the cause. Still you should use at least 1.4.2_09 or higher, (but not 1.4.2_10 which is known to have issues).

Are your XI roles activated in PFCG? Does the problem happen on one client machine or all?

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. Jin, I have not activated the roles in PFCG and every machine has this problem. As stated earlier, I am able to connect to other XI systems with the current version of Java Web start but not to this specific one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev -

Please generate all your SAP_XI* roles and SAP_SLD* roles in PFCG (Utilities->Mass generation; put SAP_XI* in the roles field; you can check the <i>Generate automatically</i> checkbox for the profiles at the bottom of mass generation screen). Do the same for SAP_SLD*.

Again, the lower client Java (and JWS) version probably isn't problematic in terms of login. However, I'd recommend going to the latest 1.4.2_XX level of the JDK when you get a chance.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin,

I tried that but no use. What was it actually for?

Thanks and Regards

Rajeev Patkie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev -

<i>>>>...What was it actually for?</i>

To generate the authorization profiles used for the corresponding roles (e.g. SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR, etc.). In SU01, for the user you're trying to login with, in the Roles tab, is the very left column "Profile Compar.Status" green for all the assigned roles? If not, do a mass comparison of the SAP_XI* roles (TC <i>PFCG</i>, <i>Utilities->Mass Comparison</i>.

What is the exact error that you're getting and is it when you try to open IR and/or ID. Does it say it's an authentication or authorization error?

Have you checked whether you're user is locked or whether any of the service users are locked. Use report RSUSR006 within TC SE38 to see.

If it's potentially Java Web Start related, please check Note 801868.

Finally, please confirm that all the Post-Installation Activities as mentioned in the

<a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700009389172004E/XI30SR1.pdf">XI Installation Guide</a> has been completed.

Regards,

Jin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Hi Rajeev -

>>>Does this problem due to older version of Java Web Start (current version is 1.4.2_04)?

Having the above mentioned JAVA Web Start is not at all any problem bcoz to work on XI Server it ask to install Java Web Start 1.4.2 or new version. However you can install jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p version as it has in-build Java Web Start and you do not have to set the preferences to none in it.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the XI server is running in SP09 then use Java Web Start with jre 1.4.2_08....if the Service pack version is above SP12 use Java Web Start with jre 1.4.1_11. This webstart versionwill definitely work. What I'll suggest is whenever you have problems with Java Webstart, you uninstall whatever java versions you have and install the required Java version. This will solve the problem quickly comparing the time consumed for debugging.

regards,

Sundar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to Re-start the Java Stack and try log into it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify your server date settings.

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Check this weblogs which will help you:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1688 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with this Java Version that will help you login successful.

j2sdk-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p

Regards,

Ashok.