cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException while logging into Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing an error while logging into visual administrator tool of my portal j2ee engine. I was trying to configure RFC destinations for SSO with logon tickets.

After that while logging into visual administrator, it hangs at 99% and throws a null pointer exception.

Why this is happening? I am not a pure basis guy.

Can any one guide me on this?

Thanks alot

Shobin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,.

strange problem

Does the ConfigTool still work ?

Did you already try to restart the server and then to re-connect to the VisualAdmin ?

I don't know whether the VisualAdmin writes logs or not but perhaps you can search for files which are written or edited and find so a trace-file or something more helpful.

Regards,

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi norman,

thank you so much for your reply..

Yes, the config tool still works..

Yes, I restarted the server and tried reconnecting...

Yes, I found out the trace file. In the trace, so many code snippets are written, like given below.

com.sap.engine.services.jmx.exception.JmxConnectorException: Unable to de-serialize request parameters, message [ JMX request (java) v1.0 len: 277 | src: 2 target-node: 4180850 req: invoke params-number: 4 params-bytes: 0 | :name=ssl,j2eeType=SAP_J2EEServiceRuntimePerNode,SAP_J2EEClusterNode=4180850,SAP_J2EECluster="" null null null ]

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.RequestMessage.readParams(RequestMessage.java:529)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.RequestMessage.getParams(RequestMessage.java:578)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerInvoker.invokeMbs(MBeanServerInvoker.java:106)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.ClusterInterceptor.invokeMbs(ClusterInterceptor.java:220)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.ClusterInterceptor.invoke(ClusterInterceptor.java:803)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerInterceptorInvoker.invokeMbs(MBeanServerInterceptorInvoker.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorServerImpl.invokeMbs(P4ConnectorServerImpl.java:61)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorServerImplp4_Skel.dispatch(P4ConnectorServerImplp4_Skel.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:304)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:193)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:180)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: MBean with name

Can you identify any issue from this??

Thanks alot

Shobin

Former Member
0 Kudos

> com.sap.engine.services.jmx.exception.JmxConnectorException: Unable to de-serialize request parameters,message [ JMX request (java) v1.0 len: 277 | src: 2- target-node: 4180850 req: invoke params-number: 4 params-bytes: 0 |

> :name=ssl,j2eeType=SAP_J2EEServiceRuntimePerNode,SAP_J

> 2EEClusterNode=4180850,SAP_J2EECluster="" null null

> null ]> at> t> com.sap.engine.services.jmx.RequestMessage.readParams(RequestMessage.java:529)

Mh, I've searched the SDN for the error message <i>"Unable to de-serialize request parameters</i> and found this thread -->

The error message is the same but there it appears when he wants to start the SAP system.

So do you really think that is the right error message to the VisualAdmin error ?

Perhaps rename the trace file and re-connect to the VisualAdmin to get a "clean" trace.

Is this a single or a cluster installation ?

Regards,

Norman