cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Strips in Nested iViews

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am building a VC-Cockpit with a Selection-Form which pushes the values in a nested iView. I the nested iView I have 6 Layers with Navigation control "Tab Strips". In this 6 Layers I have in each a nested iView again, because in the last nested iViews I want to use again Layers with Navigation Control "Tab Strips". So you can build Tabs in Tabs.

The selection in the top level selection Form should be used in every nested iView for triggering queries. In every nested iView (in the tab-layers) I have a signal in which gets the values form the selection form.

And now the problem: Only the ACTIVE (SELCTED) Tab Strip (=Layer) gets the values from the selection and starts to show data. What I want is, that I click on submit in the selection form and every layer should start to collect/show data. At the moment I have to click all tabs a first time, then click "Run" and then are all tabs get filled.

Workaround: I tried to set a Start-Point in every last nested iView which triggers the queries but the submit of the selection values are sent only in the "activated/once clicked" tabs, so that the queries in the other layers start to run when I select the tab but without the selection-values and than I see wrong data. I have to click on "Run" again the see the right data with the selection-values. But I dont want that the queries run when I select a tab.

Perfect solution: I click on Run and than are all layers filled with the correct data so that I can switch between the differnt layers and no waiting..only at the start of application. Comprende ?

@Mario Herger: When you want I can sent you the model. I need a workaround or a solution for this strange behavior, because I am building a prototype at the customer.

Thx, Murat Yurtoglu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

I really had to find a solution so it's probably not the best one but at least it works.

Forget the layers in your iview.

In your iview you have an input signal that you link to all your nested iviews. This way you can send the info you received from your selection and collect/retrieve the info you'll display.

Use a form with different buttons. Each button represents the header of a tabstrip. When you click on a button you display the associated nested iview just below.

This way you can fill all your nested iviews once and then switch between them easily without waiting data to load.

I can also send you the model if you want.

Hope it helps,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you very much for your solution but I am at the customer and he wants the cockpit with tap strips ...I dont think that they will accept this solution with the buttons ...I know that your solution works but SAP has to solve this problem with the tap strips ...in one tap strip I have again two tab strips....

As I said I opened an OSS Message and I hope that the guys in Israel fix this problem with the layers ....

Thx,

Best Regards,

Murat Y.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

I understand and of course this problem has to be fixed but in my case I couldn't wait till the next SP.

Just for information about the solution, even if it's with buttons it looks like tabstrips and you can also have tabstrips in your tabstrips...

I hope it will be fixed soon with real tabstrips!

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please email me the mode with the systems to configure.user/password if needed

also Send me the CSN number you have opened.

I am working in israel in the VC group and I will try to push for a faster solution or check if a fix was enterd to SP11.

Also I will try to see if anyone have a work around for this problem.

Regards,

Asaf

asaf.shashua@sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

I'm facing exactly the same problem. I have nested iviews in different tab strips and I wanna be able to collect data in each tab strip (nested iview) with one click on my selection form. Currently with the click, only the active tab strip is filled.

Have you found anything?

It would work without nested iviews but it's not the way to build a complex application.

Any idea?

Thx

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have talked with somebody from SAP Analytics and they know this problem. I have opened an OSS Message and this is sent directly to Israel to the development-team of VC. I hope this is get fixed untill SPS11. Now I am waiting for an answer from the development-team. If I hear something I will update you.

Regards,

Murat Yurtoglu