cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of BrBackup and RMan WITH RMan catalog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please point me to some documentation that shows how to integrate BrBackup with an RMan catalog database? I have BrBackup working ok with RMan but for the life of me can't find any documentation on making it connect to the catalog database.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default, RMAN connects to the target database in NOCATALOG mode, meaning that it uses the control file in the target database as the sole repository of RMAN metadata. Perhaps the most important decision you make when using RMAN is whether to create a recovery catalog as the RMAN repository for normal production operations. A recovery catalog is a schema created in a separate database that contains metadata obtained from the target control file.

In general, Oracle Corporation advises using a catalog when you manage multiple databases. If you have more than one database to back up, then you can create one systemwide recovery catalog and store metadata for all the databases in this catalog. Hence, you avoid the extra space requirements and memory overhead of maintaining multiple databases, each with a single catalog. You need to take extra precautions when backing up the catalog, however, because if you lose the catalog then you lose the metadata for multiple target databases.

Regards

Vinod

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary Mather

You read this doc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/0c/cd271365debc42bef96ac7fd907787/frameset.htm

Plz rewards point if helpful

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is all documented in BRTOOLS guide for Oracle on /dbaora alias on SMP