cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance optimizer questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I notice Maintenance Optimizer is mandatory for Solution Manager 4.0 as of April 2007, so I thought I'd better try it out now. I am at SPS10. I've gone through the IMG activities to turn on Change Management and Maintenance Optimizer.

I run transaction Solution_manager select a landscape, select tab Change Management > Support Package Stacks. I press button Maintenance Optimizer.

In the resulting page (Plan Maintenance) it asks for fields, amoung others, "message processor" and "Sold-To Party". What are these fields and where is the call down list controlled? The call down list currently includes "Not Selected()", "(0000000001)" and a local manager's name with "(0000000011)". I am uncertain what to set here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In these fields you don't need set anything. Let these fields filled automatically.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ken Chamberlain

As Is stated before, you don't need set anything in these fields, Let the MOPZ transaction fulfill automatically these fields to you.

Regarding the calculation of packages, follow the recommendations from Miguel.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Maintenance Optimizer SP09 does not support automatic file queue calculation, you will have to select files manually.

For XML generation for EHP installs, you have to go up to at least Solution Manager SP15.

In short, IMHO you should update the Support Package level of your Solution Manager system before doing any tests, because the overview of the functionality you will get does not really correspond to current Maintenance Optimizer functionality.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction, I'm SPS 9 (not 10) with ST 400 SP 9, SAP_BASIS/ABA 10, ST-SER 700_2006_2 SP 0 and CPRXRPM 400 SP 7.