Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Engine Vs Exhcange Infrastructure

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guys

I am a bit confused between XI Engine and SAP Exchange Infrastructure. Does both of these are same products or are two different products.

I want to use SAP XI Engine as a middleware between SAP 4.6C WebPortal and Banks. So can any body provide me a link to SAP XI Engine , if its different from SAP Exchange Infrastructure.

Please not that we are using SAP 4.6C and dont want to upgrade for time being.

Thnx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel

Thnx for replying, actually I am confused that is XI Engine and Exchange Infrastructre are same products or thay are two different products.

I m not talking about Integration Engine , I am talking abt XI Engine and Exchange Infrastructre.

And will they can be used with 4.6C.

Message was edited by:

Adnan Maqbool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adnan,

XI Engine(is also called Integration Engine/Server) is part of Exhange Infrastructure(XI). It is the mian back bone of XI, which process the messages and sends them to various systems.

Yes, You can use XI to talk to SAP 4.6C, even the older versions too.

--Archana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

XI Engine is actually the Exchange Infrastructure .Both of them are same product. Thats how people refer it from outside world (non XI world)

And XI Engine (or Exhcange Infrastructure) can be used as a middleware even if SAP release is as low as 3.

So sap system SAP4.6c is at a comfortable level.You need not worry to upgrade it .

Bipin

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you're talking about the difference between integration engine IE

and XI then IE is a part of XI based on abap stack

and it's responsible for message processing

if you want to use XI you need the whole XI

not only it's procesessing engine

integration engine:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/58b43be7492354e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>