cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI System backup and restore for the JAVA Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I am few queries regarding backup of XI System.

1- What is the procedure to backup the XI System on AIX OS?

2- Should I backup the J2EE Engine also with Jload and Java migration toolkit, when I backup the XI System?

3- If XI system crashes, what is the procedure to restore XI system from backup?

4- Do I have to restore the J2EE Engine also from backup with XI with the help of Jload and Java migration toolkit. If so, what is the procedure on AIX OS?

5- If I take a backup of XI system, after 3 days the server crashes. When I restore the backup, how should I recover the lost messages of 3 days?

Kindly help me out with these issues. If anybody has any documents, kindly email me at ccoshq@yahoo.com. Points will be rewarded for any kind of help. Thanks a ton in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Checkout this weblog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/03/04/complete-xi-backup-restore-in-an-hour

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

This blog contains very little info. It says zip the XI files and extract the compressed zip files. Also it talks about backup of registry.

I am on AIX OS. How can I backup the registry in AIX? Also how should I zip all the files and extract those compressed files during restore. Is there any SAP utility to do that. Kindly let me know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The major part of your questions are related to generic basis administration, I suggest you to post also in the specific forum

Expert Forums » Database & OS Platforms »

Regards,

Sandro