cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to a BAPI as a web service via logical destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to convert some of our backend BAPIs to web services, in order to use them in Visual Composer iViews compiled as Web Dynpro executables.

I have just read this concerning web service connectors with suport package 09:

"In addition, connections to Web services for SAP backend systems must be performed via logical destinations (configured in the SAP J2EE engine with the Visual Administrator) and not via portal systems."

Being new to this world (from an ABAP background), can anybody point me in the right direction to set up a logical destination?

Does anybody know are there any white papers / blogs out there concerning how to access web services on the ABAP stack from Visual Composer?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please notify us all if you find a solution.

thanks

Asaf

Patric2
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Here you find a solution:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

mario answer is not exact

Any Web Service that is not run over ABAP system can configured using VC design board.

Howevre, Web services that run over ABAP (need authentication in order to see the WSDL) <b>must be configured in Visual admin</b>.

Here are the instructions on how to define them.

Using Visual Admin tool please make the following configurations:

1. In the Navigation panel please open: Server0/Services/Web Services Security navigation folder.

2. In the right panel please open: Security Configuration/Web Service Clients/sap.com/DynamicWSProxies.

3. Select the DynamicWSProxies and press the Create button.

From here you have two options:

<b>Option 1:</b>

• if you have the <b>WSDL</b> just enter it here URL:

*also choose Authentication: BASIC

• User: ***

• Password: ****

<b>Option 2:</b> Exposing all Web services deployed on ABAP server:

For example System X7A

Open the X7A system and define:

• URL: http://pwdf2709.wdf.sap.corp:50009

• SysID: X7A

• Client: 100

• Language: English

• Authentication: BASIC

• User: ***

• Password: ****

. Save the system configuration

. Refresh VC storyboard.

Regards,

Asaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asaf,

Thanks for the explanation. However, in Visual Administrator, when I try to access the Web Services Security service, I get the error

"Error while loading service Web Services Security"

The more detailed information states:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.security.core.server.ws.service.WSSecurityRuntimeControl.

I just posted a thread in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator thread to see if somebody can tell me what the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It'smuch easier than you think. Go into the Visual Composer Design time and select from the menu:

Tools -> Define Web Service System...

Accessing web service in VC doesn't matter on what platform they are based. Here some more links:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply; I respect the validity of your answer (haven't had time to check this yet, but I will today).

I'm just curious; why such a caveat in the release notes if not relevent?

Kind Regards,

Tony.