cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default the Tax code depending on vendor ( local or foreigner)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a problem with Tax codes.

I have customized the sytem as follow :

-Tax Calculation Occurs in R/3

- Tax code V0 : No Tax , Default

- Tax code V1

I would like to default Tax code depending on whether the vendor is local or a foreigner, i.e if the vendor is local (MX) I want V1 to be defaulted otherwise I would like V0 to be defaulted.

Can I use the customizing point 'Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category' to implement this. I have tried to customize with the following setting but it doen't work :

- Tax code V1 : Domestic, country:MX, Category ID : *

- Tax code V0 : International , country :*, Category ID : *

Kind Regards,

Shaiek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaiek

To make this work you need to have the V0 entered in ''Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category' like so:

- Tax code V0 : International , country :MX, Category ID : *

Don't ask me why this is but it's the only way I've been able to get ot to work.

You can also implement the 'BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI.' BAdi if required.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I have done the change as described but I got error message : 'Tax code could not be determined'.

I mention that the default tax code is not picked up in SC when I populate the table: ''Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category'

But if I leave the previous table empty, the tax code is picked up correctly in the SC.

Regards,

Shaiek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could I suggest that you maintain a product category entry too. Delete the '*' and then add a valid category.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I have added a product category, but I still have the same problem.

Kind regards,

Shaiek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to maintain like the following in the determine taxcode for country/category:

Domestic (I)/country (MX)/category ID(this column should be blank if want to apply to all categories)/Tax code (V1)

International (A)/country (MX)/category ID(this column should be blank if want to apply to all categories)/Tax code V0)

Rgds

Reddy

Answers (0)