cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in SRM (with backend PO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in creating a PO with backend product category in backend. The error message is some backend documents could not be determined.

But I could able to create a PR Reservation and Direct PO for the same Product Category. (in the backend and in SRM too).

Org Structure:

I have maintained the transaction type in attribute tab. (backend/EC).

I have maintained the Product Responsibilties and Org Responsibilities for the Respective Pgrp. (Product Cateogeries)

I also have maintained the Product Categories in Extended attributes.

In SRM I havent maintained the transaction type for the EC but I have maintained the follow on document number range. (shopping cart)

The Transaction Type is maintained in the backend and the number range as external.

I have also maintained the Product categories in Technical Basic settings and defined the backend system with respect Product categories in Cross application basic settings.

Please let me know if you need any more information...

Thanks

Jagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

If your SC is considered as complete by SRM (but with a fixed vendor and not a preferred vendor) the system will check if it can create a PO in R/3.

For this, each item will request a META_INTERPRETE_DATA to R/3, asking if it can create a PO. If R/3 considers this data as incomplete, it will reply to create a PR.

Usual cases of R/3 PR creation instead of PO:

- prefered vendor in SRM (and not a fixed one)

- custom checks in user exits in R/3

- error messages in R/3 (ex: O6 334 In the case of a fixed vendor, please enter info record)

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error message is like this...when i try to create a PO for backend Pcategory in Backend.

Shopping Cart 1000000318 (Purchase order 3008320157): ME013 Document type ECPO not allowed with doc. ca tegory F (Please check input).

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagan

Sounds as though this is your document type config within R/3.

Go to SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Define Document Types

Select your ECPO document type and then double-click "Allowed item categories" on the left menu.

You should now be able to enter the category.

Regards

Keith