cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Acknowledgements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am a little confused on how SAP XI acknowledgements work (with asynchronous and synch scenarios) - with and without a BPM process. I know that when you define a sync or async scenario in ccBPM, you have options on how to define acknowledgements. However, when ccBPM is not used, how do you define how acknowledgements or responses are handled with just a simple async or sync scenario? What happens with the acknowledgements or responses?

Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you don't need a BPM for ack handling

you can request an application ack from a client proxy for example

and then only if you will receive it then will the ack status

in the calling system change (to successfully processed)

you can do the same with java proxies and IDOC adapter

for IDOC adapter's ack check my book:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation around idxalerequest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your responses. I have another question - the systems we will be talking across are likely these:

1. Mainframe (likley DB2-JDBC adapter or MQ Series-File adapter) --> XI --> i2 (a transportation managment software, likely a JMS adapter connection)

2. R/3 (Idoc adapter) --> XI --> i2

How will the mainframe handle acknowledgement responses back from i2 (JMS adapter)? Will a DB2 table be updated if a JDBC adapter is used here?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the table "idxalerequest" in XI maybe helpfull in your case.

Sandro

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

here an interesting document using idoc.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df56eb">How To Handle Acknowledgements for IDoc</a>

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have acknowledgements just with Asyncronous message, with Syncronous message you don't have acknowledgements but just responses.

We can distinguish 4 kind of acknowledgements:

1) SystemAckRequested

2) SystemErrorAckRequested

3) ApplicationAckRequested

4) ApplicationErrorAckRequested

So we have Application Acknowledgement ( positive and negative) that contain information regarding the processing of the message in the receiving system and System Acknowledgement ( positive and negative) that contain only transport information.

The standard behaviour of an XI message in case of use if sender IDoc Adapter (XI receive an IDoc) is that

SystemAckRequested="false"

SystemErrorAckRequested="true"

ApplicationAckRequested="true"

ApplicationErrorAckRequested="true"

You can see this from the SXMB_MONI ->Select the message -> Inbound Message ->SOAP Header -> ReliableMessaging

This means that Application Ack are requested (positive and negative) BUT for the reason you send the message to a file adapter, the file adapter Will say ALWAYS that the he cannot manage Application Ack.

At the moment it look like there is no possiblity to customize the IDoc adapter in order to ask only for System Ack...it will be release with next Service Packs.

The behavior of XI on this can be considered good, because XI send anyway an ALEAUD Idoc to the sender system that change the status of the IDoc, and in this way you will know that the IDoc has been successfully transformed into a file.

Regards,

Sandro