cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InputFields in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read several documentations and checked the forum up and down but couldn't find any answer. I have created a view which uses the table element. Some columns are defined as inputfields. It is possible to enter several data in differend cells. The questition is how to get the information which rows and columns have been changed by the user. I expected an event raised for each row but the only event for an input field is "onenter". The only way seems to check the attribute 'is_changed_attribute_by_client' for each element.

Does someone have an idea how to solve this issue or an example ? I checked many examples in the namespace 'WD_TEST' or 'table* ' but none shows how to deal with changed data.

Remark: To change data in cells should be possible without selecting the rows.

Thanks in advance, Juergen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Please check the documentation for "CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG". There is also a demo component DEMO_CONTEXT_CHANGES, which demonstrates the use of it.

Regards, Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

.. that solves my problem

thanks , Juergen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read the documentation, but not got any clue for my problem,

In my component I have 3 Radio buttons in 3 Columns of a Table, and the functionality is like , when I click the 1st Radio Button , the 3rd Radio Button will be set readonly, and when again click on 2nd radio button the 3rd one will be enabled.

I have written action in On-click of radio buttons, but it's not working properly, if I set the readonly property false for 3rd one for a particular row, 3rd Radiobutton in all other rows also getting set to read only.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Sonia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I am reading your question about the InputFields in table.

Because you have solve this step i want to ask you about a problem i have.

I have created a view which uses the table element.

I want a user to input data in my table and then to access this data.

I use a bapi and i import this table and save it.

I selected the columns as InputField and when i test the project i cannot edit to the rows.

Could you please help me what i have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

please check the type of your table column. It must be a InputField.

--> Table

--> TableColumn_1

--> TableColumn_1_Cell_Editor -->Properies(InputField)

--> TableColumn_1_Header -->Properties(Caption)

--> TableColumn_2

--> TableColumn_2_Cell_Editor -->Properies(TextView)

--> TableColumn_2_Header -->Properties(Caption)

--

In this example only the field TableColumn_1 can be edited. TableColumn_2 is a readonly field because of the type "TextView".

Hope this helps you.

Regards Juergen

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

You can only edit existing lines in the table. If your node is empty, there is no existing line, and therefore you cannot edit them.

Therefore you have to create some elements in your node, e.g. in WDDOINIT or in the supply function, and add some empty elements into the node (use BIND_TABLE).

Or you can provide an "NEW ENTRY" button, which the user presses and then you create one more new element in the node.

Ciao, Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

Thank you very much for your help.

You solved my problem.

Yes i must edit existing lines only.

Do you have any documentation how can i create empty elements in my node,

or any code example ?

Thank you, thank you

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Juergen,

The solution of my problem is this:

You can only edit existing lines in the table. If your node is empty, there is no existing line, and therefore you cannot edit them.

Therefore you have to create some elements in your node, e.g. in WDDOINIT or in the supply function, and add some empty elements into the node (use BIND_TABLE).

Or you can provide an "NEW ENTRY" button, which the user presses and then you create one more new element in the node.

Can you link me please the documentation for the "CONTEXT_CHANGE_LOG" ,maybe i need it.

Regards,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the documentation about the context change log is <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ae/f95e42ff93c153e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">here</a>

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU HEIDI !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use a button in table column, in this case how would I identify the row no. when the user click the button. Is that clicking button affects context change log. Please help me out here.

Cheers,

Senthil