cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have setup a sender/receiver mail adapter. If I send mail to, or receive mail from an email address which does not exits on our mail server, I get no error, but neither XI nor the other recipient receive the mail.

Any ideas here, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Clinton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this stage it seems like the problem is with the network, and that the they need to open the ip out of XI to send mails to external accounts.

Thanks

Clinton

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case of sender adapter - how can XI poll mails from non existing mail account ?

(not possible)

in case of reciever - how can you send mails from non exising account ?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Maybe I explained wrong.

If I send from my company mail server (companyA) to an outside companyB, the user in companyB does not get my mail. So if I send from XI@companyA.com to user@companyB.com, then the user at companyB does not get it.

Hope this help to explain better

Thanks for you help

Clinton

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually company mail servers do not allow to use non-existing email addresses.

Such mails are ignored. The mail adapter reacts on errors provided by the mail server, but in your case it seems that the server does not provide any.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Have you setup a receiver adapter to send a mail to send a mail to your gmail account? I have tried this and it does not get to my gmail account.

If I tick the option to send a notification mail. It shows in the notification that it successfully send to email accounts that is on our mailing list, and nothing about the mail to my gmail account. Do you have any idea what is happening to the mail to my gmail account?

Thanks

Clinton

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I can sent it to any mail account. The sender must be an existing company (not necessarily your) address, but the receiver can be any address.

Have you tested also to send the email to multiple receivers like: address1; address2?

In this case you would see, if it is an issue with your mail server system.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tried this and it is not sending to addresses outside of my company addresses. Is there anything I can check why not sending to any other addresses. I am using the same mail server address in the receiver adapter as that I am using in my Outlook, and I am able to send from Outlook to other email addresses outside of our company.

My from: clinton@companyA.com

to : shobna@companyA.com;john@companyB.com

subject: XI File

from this it is only sending to shobna@companyB and simply without any errors not sending to john@companyB....

and the same with my sender mail adapter. It does not accept any mails from companyB, but when any account from companyA sends to XI, it takes it into XI and delivers to the receiver.

Help please, this is really driving me crazy

Thanks

Clinton

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the status of the mail adapter? Is it green?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is green

Thanks

Clinton