cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping - LINKAGE_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My scenario is Proxy to File. On execution of this scenario, I am getting error "LINKAGE_ERROR" and the description of the Error is "Incompatible class versions (linkage error).

I am on XI 7.0 SP 10.

Initially, I had a proxy error. On analysing, we found that the JAVA stack was upgraded to Patch SP10 whereas ABAP stack was still SP06. Therefore, we now patched the ABAP stack to SP 10. Thereafter, we generated the proxy for a test scenario and it worked.

Now that for a different scenario, we generated a proxy. It is now giving the LINKAGE ERROR. We thought it would be a compatibility issue between the ABAP and JAVA stack as the ABAP stack was upgraded a bit later. So I regenerated the PROXIES and activated them. Still I get the same error.

Can anyone thro' light to fix this issue.

Regards.

Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, this is a mapping specific error, not related to the proxies anymore.

If you use only xslt's or message mappings, make dummy changes so that the internal java classes are rebuilt. If you use java mappings, make sure you build the .class files with a compatible (1.4.2.x) JDK.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the latest valid JDK for your java source compilation. This is basically a problem with incompatible class / JDK version.

regards

Sameer

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan

Do you use any Java mappings in your integration? If so, the error could be that the JAVA version in which the java code is compiled is not version 1.4, which it should be.

Best Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get the problem in the sender system (a SAP backend) ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sandro,

this problem we get in XI's SXMB_MONI in Mapping.

Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In with step of the pipeline ?

Can look in the Trace and post it here ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

in Request Message Mapping of the pipeline, I am getting this error.

Has anyone encountered this issue before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look to OSS note #755302

With JDK version is the XI running ?

Have you tried to make a dummy modification to the message mapping and to activate it ?

Regards

Sandro