Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to excel sheet

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As given in the <b>"How to export data from VC"</b> pdf guide, we have options like, Copying to clip board, Export to csv, Export to excel. etcs..

My requirement is <b>Export to excel</b>. I followed the steps given in the pdf, created a data store and replaced the name of the data store in the formula,

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_a

dd_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.b

ex?QUERY=" & STORE@<b>REPTNAME</b> &

"&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND

1-EXPORTFORMAT=XLS&BI_COMMAND_1-

null="

But, on deploying i'm getting the error. <b>"Deployment failed. stopped due to errors. Consult Log file for details".</b>.

Also, in the pdf, below the formula i see a note <b>"This URL is for the Web Analyzer PCD Location if Visual Composer is on the same server as BI-JAVA. If it is not, see the section on Mapping External BI locations."</b>

In my case both VC and BI-JAVA are in the same server. Should i use a different url in this formula? If so, then,from where can i get the same?.....

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Kavitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the logfile say?

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Exception thrown: com.sap.ip.bi.base.service.connection.ConnectionException: Cannot find BI master system

If this means that BI is not in my server,I have installed BI already. How to check whether BI is installed properly? Should i do any configuration settings for using BI in VC??.. or is this exception conveys something else?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you configure the BI system make sure in the configuration "BI Master System" is set as Yes for this system and has the alias SAP_BW.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you can run the web analyzer through the Business Intelligence Showcase Role. If this doesn't work, then your BEx Web isn't configured and this export to excel will not work.

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

I'm able to design components in BEx WAD.But while saving the work an error "Portal Communication Failed" occurs. So, now i'm sure that BI is not installed/configured properly in my server.So, i will just re-configure BI and then try Export to excel again.Will let u know whether it works fine or not.

Till then bye.

Kavitha.

Answers (0)