cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different Logical Systems ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

is it possible to use another Logical Systemname (Sender Service) ?

i know 2 possibilities.

1) Change the LS in the SLD but i can´t do that because a lot of companies using this LS.

2) Check "Using sender from payload" but this is already changed to "using controlinformation from payload" and might not be changed.

Is there another way to change the SenderService ID in the configuration and no other companies (business systems) are involved ?

Thank YOu,

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you talking about IDOCs?

>>>>2) Check "Using sender from payload" but this is already changed to "using controlinformation from payload" and might not be changed.

you can set it for even IDOC channel ...

so it can be changed in this way

for more info on IDOC processing check out:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

great idea. I can use another idoc channel with "use sender payload" ?

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gordon,

><i>is it possible to use another Logical Systemname (Sender Service) ?</i>

Can you explain further?

><i>Is there another way to change the SenderService ID in the configuration and no other companies (business systems) are involved ?</i>

Use a Business Service instead of a Business System and in the business service go to the menu Business Service --> Adapter Specific Identifiers and add the Logical System name here.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i will explain better.

WE have 2 Business Systems. BSgermany, BSengland, BDusa

The BDusa has a LS "usa" in the SLD and adaper specific ...

my colleague from england uses the SenderService = usa and in his R3 System the partnerdefinition is configured for ls=usa, too.

Our System have to use the LS=usaxxx and now i need to change the senderservice in the configuration manually but the adapterspecific =usa have to unchanged because it´s needed for other processes/countries.

understand ?

Gordon

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gordon,

I got the point,

In this case using TakeSenderFromPayload, like you have mentioned is the correct and the best way to do it.

From the link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm

<b><i>Setting the senders and receivers of a message from the payload simplifies configuration and speeds up processing.</i></b>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works !

who wants the points ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gordon,

What worked?

You had already mentioned the solution when you asked the question.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new idoc channel and checked "using sender from payload".

No i can mapp my own SenderService and every other country can use the normal adapter specific LS.

Thanks B & Michal,

note: i have just ordered your new book..it seems to be great !

Gordon

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

note: i have just ordered your new book..it seems to be great !

thanks!

Regards,

michal