cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving faulty source files in file sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured file to file scenario in which files are read from FTP server & moved to archive directory after processing & new file is created in target directory.

Scenario is working fine with above mentioned case but I want to move faulty source files to different directory (not to archive directory). There is one option available to move it to different directory. But instead of moving faulty files to faulty directory, files are getting moved to archive directory & I am getting Mapping Exception error in SXMB_MONI (which is correct).

Does any body know how to move faulty files to fautly directory ..???

I am using PI 7.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to comments of Sandro and mike, you can use conditions in receiver detemination to check for faulty messages and use a separate scenario to put in a different directory.

You may also use Java Mapping to handle the same. You can change the target directory name using DynamicConfiguration.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can use the Dynamic Receiver Determination and check all the pre-requisite with a mapping, than direct the message on the right receiver (and directory) or another receiver (the manager of failure, the faulty directory)

Please look here:

/people/robin.schroeder/blog/2006/11/15/using-dynamic-receiver-determination-with-sync-interface

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat,

Can you please thorow little more light on how to configure receiver determination to handle above mentioed case..??

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing it as long time..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

xi does not validate your message

(so it does not know if it's good or faulty)

so you can send anything, even jpg files...

only when you use MESSAGE MAPPING

will the error occure - indicating that

your message had wrong structure

if you want to validate youself you can

do it inside an adapter module and put it into another folder

this will requiure a little bit of programming but

you will have the files validate as you want

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

I want to move files which are giving MESSAGE MAPPING error (when structure of file is wrong) , can not I use faulty files option available in file adapter configuration..?? (i.e without using any coding as I donot want to validate file on any other parameter except structure)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a long talk: it depends from in which phase you want to trap the fault:

Sender Adapter ?

Message Mapping ?

Receiver Adapter ?

You can manage error in the Message Mapping with a BPM, with an exception handler that re-write the inbound message on a fault directory.

For more information, please clarify bettere your need.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansks Sandro,

I do not want to use BPM.

I want to trap the error at message mapping level..

Also we like to know which type of error is possible at sender adapter in context with faulty files..??

Is is not possible to move faulty files simply by using options available in file adapter..??