cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter with file conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I’m using a Sender File adapter with file conversion. The message to be processed has a structure with fixed lengths and in your content are some values that needs to be ignored.

An example:

value1 <b>value2</b> value3…

I want to ignore <b>value 2</b> but I can’t find a parameter for that! Do I need to define dummy fields on my data type and ignore those fields during mapping? Or there is a specific parameter for that?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like pointed out you will have to use a dummy field , and do the same.

There is no other way as when you use fixed field lenght conversion you just say the length of the next field with respect to the previous field.

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there always is another way:)

you can import the whole line to one field

and cut it inside the adapter module

(then you can define start and stop of the substring that you need to use)

but of course it's not standard even though it's quite easy to achieve in java

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Was also thinking of the same but, aint worth the effort. You can always create a dummy field and then ignore it in the mapping, but like you told there is always a way.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys!

Great ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>Do I need to define dummy fields on my data type and ignore those fields during mapping? </i>

Yes, you have to create the specific field even for the data you will ignore, and than ignore it in the mapping.

Regards,

Sandro