cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is BW able to pull data from R3 by XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody:

I'd like to use XI to integrate BW, R3 and other system. I read serveral documents. I can only find documents with XI you can only push data into BW. Does that mean bw system is not able to pull the data through XI?

If I use bw connects R3 directly, I can connect to R3 in Source Systems easliy.

If I use XI, I find I have to reconstruct all manually. Maybe can not use any predefined things in BW.

My scenario is that bw pulls data from R3 periodically. In that case, I think direct connecting BW and R3 is better. XI is not a good way to do that, is it?

Thanks and will reward answers

Elliott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elobrate the requirement clearly? What exactly you meant by pulling the data into BI from R/3 through XI?

Do you want to initiate the data load by sending a request from SAP XI? I guess you can do that. I donot think it is unachievable.

Can you elobrate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sravya:

The traditional method to pull data from R3 to BW is to define a source system. Then follow the steps to establish ETL. What I need to do is to create ABAP connection in sm59. That's easy. We has already use that method to connect BW and R3. Now, I'd like to connect BW and R3 by XI. In all the document about BW and XI integration, I find the traditional method is no long used. I have to define every data structure and the connection method comes to push data into BW.

The original way is to define a data source and copy that data source to BW. I dont know whether I can create a ABAP connection between BW and R3 by XI. If I cant create that kind of connection by XI, I think the traditional way is not support by XI. So that it is a big task to connect bw and R3 by XI.

Thanks

Elliott

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>With XI you can only push data in BW. BW system is not able to pull the data through XI. If a reconstruction is needed (changed business logic or other) PSA data will be foundamental or Source system with XI must be able redirect all the history data.

But in case you want to push data in BW, XI is a good way to do that.</i>

Follow this blog: /people/sergio.locatelli2/blog/2006/10/15/integration-sap-bi-and-xi-a-critical-point-of-view

Regards,

Sandro