cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Inbox - Alert not showing when using sender and receiver in alertrule

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been setting up alert rules for an alert category where I use detailed alert conditions (Sender service, sender interface, Receiver service, receiver interface).

When doing this I very seldom get the alert to my alert inbox.

When I on the other hand use wildcards (*) in the conditions I always get the alert.

Is there any best practise for how to set up these alert conditions? I'm asking because I suspect that XI doesn't pick up all the conditions when i.e. the message gets stuck on the sender side and therefore does not react on the "receiver" conditions set in the alert rule.

Perhaps I should only specify Sender service and sender interface in the alert rule and leave out the receiver conditions?

Br

Olof

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note : 913858 . There is a question that discusses issues with Sender Service in your Alert Rules!

Meanwhile, we have used alert rules with Sender Serrvice and Receiver Service and did not face any issue at all.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I guess, when we specify the sender <b>and</b> receiver details in the alert rule, we will not get the alert in case of sender adapter failure coz. the receiver details are made out only after the Msg reaching the IS and XI pipeline step "Receiver Determination".

So my idea is, it will not trigger an alert in this case. I cant test the scenario now.

Can you pls let me know if I am worng in my assumption here.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

10 on 10! If you look into the note I have mentioned 913858 , one of the questions gives the same answer!

The scenario which we had implemented was an idoc to Idoc with alert rules and so, for this as no adapters are involved all errorrs in the integration engine were captured.

Like you pointed out, in cases where the error occurs in the sender adapters, having on sender service will trigger the alert but not both sender and receiver services!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. Glad to hear the confirmation from you.

Regards,

Jai Shankar