Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with ESS/MSS in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please suggest very good

1)Documentation links + Code samples to get started with ESS, MSS packages implementation in Webdynpro?

2) Also PDF implementations in WebDynpro

Thanks in advance,

Dhanz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For configuring ESS/MSS business package please check this <a href="/people/siddhartha.jain/blog/2006/04/10/configuring-the-business-package-for-employee-self-service-ess-mysap-erp-2004

For ESS/MSS customisations refer to SAP note 872892. It contains NWDI/JDI cookbook for ess customisations.

<a href=" thread</a> will also help you.

~cheers

avadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the above links. Would appreciate if you could suggest some links as to how after importing the development components of ESS/MSS SCA in Webdynpro, ESS/MSS could be customised, mainly from the Webdynpro prespective.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers - Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

refers to a zip file, which is really helpful in understanding ESS/MSS customisation.

You can also refer some useful threads below:

~cheers

avadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we implement an ESS Scenario, with One Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP17, a mySAP ECC 5.0 System with ERP2004 and a seperate server with a java stack, because our customer don´t want to install and use a java stack on their HR/ERP systems. They want to minimize the performance.

After some configurations, we get the startpage for ESS. If I click on a service like travel management it has no effect. If I click the second time, I got an error "500 Internal Server Error" with the message

The Web Dynpro Application 'XssMenu' has expired. Please restart the application either with the refresh button or click the following link XssMenu.

Same error comes, if I choose travel management in the second navigation level and click the service. And same message on every service.

Now I tried anotehr way. I call the ess startpage directly on the external java stack. And here´s no problem. All WebDynpro-Services works fine.

Can anyone help me, why the WebDynpro Service doesn´t work in the Portal?

Best regards

Christian

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This might be the issue with FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).

Answers (0)