cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Http RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.........

Am doing an HTTP RFC scenario. The scenario is working fine with all messages in IS, IE and AE being successful. But the problem is the RFC response am getting is not what is expected. When i run the RFC directly with the same input value I get the correct response. Can anybody figure out what is the problem. In the channel (adapter monitoring) what comes is :

"RFC_HISTORY

- Error: 2007-01-16 09:47:52 IST: Message processed for interface ZBAPI_NETWORK_CONF_ADD: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: failed to parse BAPI response due to: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.util.bapi.BapiException: Parameter with name RETURN not found.

- Error: 2007-01-15 19:57:21 IST: Message processed for interface ZBAPI_NETWORK_CONF_ADD: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: failed to parse BAPI response due to: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.util.bapi.BapiException: Parameter with name RETURN not found.

- OK: 2007-01-15 19:28:31 IST: Message processed for interface ZBAPI_NETWORK_CONF_ADD "

thanks in advannce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumayya,

Check out this blog:-

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get back the response from RFC and process that response you'll need to use BPM and in there you need to specify what to do when you get response back.

please verify that you have configured your business process correctly.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ve done it as a synchronous scenario. So why we require a BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumayya,

You dont need a BPM for this scenario (Both HTTP and RFC adapters support QoS : BE).

Can you make sure, the RFC has both import and export parameters? Also in Message mapping use the RFC response as source msg. Have you done this?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is import and export parameter? I ve used RFC itself as message type for http by importing it into external definition. So since both structures are same i omitted both MM and IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of BPM for HTTP RFc scenario.

For BAPI generally it expects an Import parameter RETURN.

Just check whether the BAPI u ve created has RETURN or not.

i see it is problem with ur BAPI not with XI.

regards,

Datta.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>I ve used RFC itself as message type for http by importing it into external definition. So since both structures are same i omitted both MM and IM</i>

Should work fine. Can you look into SXMB_MONI and check what the response is? Make sure that the request message is also as expected.

Regards

Bhavesh