cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help for R/3 Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if Web Dynpro for JAVA was able to create value helps (e.g. drop down lists) for R/3 fields. Where for example the R/3 field has a related check table or value list in the R/3 backend system? I am familiar with the Simple and Extended Value Help UI components in WD for JAVA it seems that unless a specific BAPI that provides values already exists there is no generic BAPI or RFC enabled Function Module that can provide key/value pairs for fields that have a defined set of allowed values in R/3.

Does anyone know if something exists already or if something is planned in future releases. From reading around I get the feeling that something like this exists for WD for ABAP but not for the JAVA version.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for the link, however I was already aware of the OVS - it is only a frontend UI component. I am really asking whether or not there is any R/3 Function Modules or BAPIs that are generic enough to return values from check tables etc... Does anyone know of such a thing?

It would seem to make sense for something to exist since SAP fields commonly have allowed values and since Web Dynpro is the future tool for SAP UI development then having a generic service to retrieve allowed values would be a nice feature.

BRgds,

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI... I worked this out myself, you can actually use the BAPI HelpValues of Business object type HELPVALUES. This works nicely if you are looking for a list of values for fields used in BAPIs that exist in your system.

Can I award myself points!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Thanks for your researching. But Could you give us any example? How can we use this BAPI?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Rasim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not writing a weblog about your solution? (If you are after SDN points

Armin