cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass data reduction beyond standard archiving functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to refresh QA from prod. I don't have enough disk to maintain production size in QA long term (and even less when I refresh dev).

I've restored QA from a backup of prod and archived over 300GB (20-25%) and am now reorging tablespaces to free up disk space but I want more. I need to get rid of another 300GB at least in QA and probably that much again in the copy I deliver to dev.

I've found some programs to perform mass deletions from some of the biggest transactional tables but I'm still looking for more. Unfortunately, TDMS is not an option at this time for all sorts of reasons.

Table : cleanup program

NAST : RSCLNAST

CE1AP01 : RKEDELTEST

GLPCA : <help needed hereafter...>

VBOX

LIPS

VBRP

VBFA

MSEG

VBAP

CDCLS

COEP

BSIS

RFBLG

Some of the above have been reduced by transaction SARA but not far enough. I have gone into the customising settings to make sure the document retention periods for each applicable object has been set small enough.

We are considering ways to identify data from fiscal year 2002-2004 and burning that but we want to minimize the risk of data inconsistency.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murray,

If there are any 'CLIENTS' that you don't need, you can try deleting those clients.

Generally the QA has the same number of 'CLIENTS' that the production has, but in your case if you don't have enough sizing available, you need to trim the stuff that is not required.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddesh.

My production system has only one client so the new, undesirably big, QA system also only has one client. I actually want to move to a multi-client QA system which has the reverse effect of your suggestion.

Murray

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the answer is "TDMS" - SAP's test data migration server. This will copy a selection of data from the source system (e.g., prod) to a target environment (e.g., QA). Data is selected by nominating a date in the past and copying all data from that time until now.