Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_allowed/required settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, I am trying to change the ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_allowed settings from 'TRUE' to 'FALSE' and ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_required from 'TRUE' to 'FALSE'. I changed this GLOBALLY in the Config tool and it seemed to have changed but when I checked the security logs, the setting is still set to ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_allowed=TRUE.

Is there another place I need to change these settings?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

If you changed it in the config tool, which config tool do you mean ? (you should use the standalone config tool, nto the one part of visual admin).

If you used the standalone config tool, was the engine down at the time you did the changes ?

regards,

Patrick

8 REPLIES 8

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

On EP, if you go to 'System Administration' -> 'Support' -> 'User Management'. Then search for the parameter. Does it say the same?

This place shows the active parameters.

Please try to change it on Visual Administration in 'Server' -> 'Services' -> 'UME Provider'.

Regards,

Agoes

Message was edited by:

Agoes Boedi Poerwanto

0 Kudos

Greetings Agoes, I changed it in the Visual Administrator as well. On EP, I will check the System Administration -> UME settings to see if they say the same i.e. 'FALSE.

Sincerely, Margie

0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

Please restart the system.

Regards,

Agoes

0 Kudos

Greetings, prior to restarting the system, I checked the UME settings from the EP and the settings that the password_change_allowed/required_settings is set to 'FALSE'. I guess the security logs is showing old settings, but I think it is still strange. I have restarted the engine as well. Unsure what to do now, it looks like the settings are set right but I am still get the value 'TRUE' in the security logs. Sincerely, Margie

0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

could you please check the date and time of the log entry ? It may well be, that this entry is from a prior start of the system. The logs do not get erases upon system restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

If you changed it in the config tool, which config tool do you mean ? (you should use the standalone config tool, nto the one part of visual admin).

If you used the standalone config tool, was the engine down at the time you did the changes ?

regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Greetings Patrick, I am using the Default Config Tool to change settings for the EP.

Sincerely,

Margie

0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

Just wanted to know if you have restarted the J2EE server after the changs u have made.

This iis required to refkect the new values.

Best Regards

Manoj