Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL between UME and LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured LDAP Server (MS-AD) at Portal to access the database of the users and it is working fine at port 389. Now I am implementing the login module of Portal 7.0 and by using JAAS I got to read and write data into MS-AD.

But I need to write the password into MS-AD and for this action I need to install a private certified in the MS-AD server (it is done) and also to configure the Config Tool (UME LDAP data) to use the port 636 with SSL.

When I change the port from 389 (default) to 636 SSL the connection test failed appearing the follow message: <b>user path: connection test not successfull <IP>; socket closed</b>.

I test the port 636 with the server MS-AD by telnet and it is working. Does anyone know how to config it properlly?

Regards,

Daniel Silva

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

in most cases this is a trust issue. Did you configure the certificates to be used correctly on both sides ? I guess you have read the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7d/77fa735e5f47a2a50b5336fd1b5a61/frameset.htm">docs on LDAP over SSL</a>. Did you import the root cert of the LDAP server into the J2EE engine ?

Socket closed just tells you, that there was a connection which was closed (so the port should be reachable, which you verfied using telnet

Regards,

Patrick