cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to print Barcode type Code 128 Width 4cm and Height 1cm. I checked SE73. I don't find there. I tried to create one on my own and it is not workin

Any suggestions to make it work.

Thank you,

AP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Use transaction SE73. Create your own font & try.

Go to transaction SE73 and have a look at your "Printer Bar Codes". 
Select your device type and you should see a whole list of the Barcodes supported by the printer. 
Now sice your barcode has to be increased, iopen the BC_EANH Bar Code . You will notice that there are print controls (Prefix and Suffix). 
These are printer commands (ie Print Controls) and are specific to the device type. You will need to change some of these values to increase the height (refer to the programming guide relevant to your printer. 
Think of these Prefix and Suffix commands like the Character Formats in SAPscript. 
eg. data<> where is the prefix and <> is the suffix.
These prefixes and suffixes tell the printer to use a particular font.
What I would do is copy your existing Barcode Font to a Z barcode 
(let's call it ZNEW) and assign it the a custom Prefix (eg SBP91) and Suffix (SBS91).
 Now copy the contents of your existing EAN128 Barcode to your custom prefix and suffix and modify them according to your printer's prgramming guide. Make sure that you assign your new Barcode to the relevant device type. 
Then you can modify your SAPscript / SmartForm to use your new barcode (ZNEW). 

Reward points if helpful
Revert back for more help.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh-

When I change PREFIX and Sifix the barcode size changes. I have a tough time to decide which values to assign as we don;t have the manual.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Go SE73-->System Barcodes and adjust your barcode sizes.

Bar code are treated as Characters in SAP SCript. Hence you could go and increace the font size of the bar code character font.

Otherwise go to SE71 and choose character formats.

there you can see the BarCode option radiobutton and text box. You can find there which is the barcode currently your layout using.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in FORMS not scripts.

thanks

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Please check this info from other thread perhaps they may help.

You want to define a bar code in SAPscript for which there is not yet a definition.

Procedure:

1. Choose Tools -> Administration -> CCMS -> Administration -> Font Maintenance (transaction SE73).

2. Select System Bar Codes and choose Change.

3. Choose System Bar Code -> Create to define a new bar code. Note the following information:

· Bar code: Enter the name of your new bar code here. The name must begin with a Z to avoid conflict between your bar codes and the SAP bar codes.

· Bar Code Type: Choose one of the bar code types listed. This is currently for information purposes only.

· Rotation at Output: Enter how many degrees your bar code should be rotated at output.

Please check this link for more informatino on new barcodes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d9/4a94fc51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the same steps and then called the barcode in smart style and then style in form. It is print 4 cm by 0.5 cm size barcode instead of 4 cm by 1 cm. Checked all the paranters.

Any suggestions please.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions Please???

Thanks.